About my lessons in general
- All lessons are prepared on an individual basis and I always consider personal preferences of my students.
- Lessons take place in Dublin 9/Ireland, just off the Malahide Road, close to Donnycarney Church.
- All ages and levels welcome.
My teaching curriculum includes the following subjects
- Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, instrument related Music Theory
- Jazz, Rock/Pop, Funk, Blues, Soul, Folk, Classical
- Playing Your Favourite Songs & The Most Popular Guitar Songs & Solos
- Music Notation & Sight Reading
- Chords & Chord Voicings
- Fretboard Knowledge
- Soloing, Transcribing & Improvisation
- Composing & Song-Writing
- Harmony, Rhythm, Ear Training
- Preparation For Grades (any syllabus/style: grade 1-8, teaching & performance diploma, rock, acoustic & classical)
- Preparation For Auditions (in case you want to study music at a music college)
- Preparation For Junior & Leaving Cert Music (theory, music technology, composition & guitar)
Should you have any further questions or if you would like to book a lesson call or email me:
or book online by clicking here:
I came up with the idea of creating MaBaMuTu because over the years of teaching I found that a lot of students, teachers and professional musicians have difficulties to find a connection between their instrument and music theory. They just learn songs or riffs or phrases by heart but are unable to make music their own. I intend to help changing this.
My mission is:
- to provide the highest quality in music education in a most comprehensive and detailed way,
- to provide multimedia orientated education including online blogging, books, video, one-on-one and group lessons and lectures with a focus on practical application of music theory,
- to provide a holistic approach of learning an instrument and music,
- to achieve a fun practicing and playing environment for any musician.
I have been playing piano when I was five years old. I learned classical and rock/pop piano for thirteen years. When I was fourteen years old I started to pick up the guitar and started playing in my first band shortly after. Because I got to the point where I couldn't teach myself anymore on the guitar I approached a very good teacher and guitarist for lessons. A few years later I started teaching piano and guitar. After I quit my office job in 2003 I became a professional musician and music teacher. In 2006 I moved to Dublin where I played and recorded with numerous bands. In 2009 I started to study music (main instrument guitar) at Blackrock's Newpark Music Centre. I finished the four-year course in May 2013 with an honours degree in Bachelor Of Arts in Jazz Performance. Since then I have worked mostly on my own music, collaborated in interesting art and music projects and developed a Music Theory course. I have been teaching in Rhapsody School Of Music, Clontarf School Of Music, Blanch School Of Music and the Music Academy for a number of years.
My composition Avoidable Inevitability was exhibited at idir's 'Group Ego Trip 1', a multidisciplinary art exhibition at the New York Foundation for the Arts Gallery in Brooklyn in 2013/2014. In late 2015 I released the Jazz album Expectations with my quartet. I have been interviewed by RTE and Irish TV about my work as a musician and my collaborative projects. To read about all my projects please check out my homepage: www.MathiasBaumann.com
To read what my students over the last 20 years have to say about my lessons click
All fees have to be paid on a monthly basis in advance.
||Lessons Per Month
||Price Per Month
||Price Per Hour
The price for one single individual online skype lesson or a master class is EUR 50.00 per hour.
Terms & Conditions
To read all the terms and conditions please click